- BIKE FRAME - no time trial frame, only standard road bike set-up
- AERO BARS - none allowed
- WHEELS - no rim depth greater than 36mm
- HANDLEBARS - standard road bars only
- HELMET - no aero helmet
- CLOTHING - no skinsuit
RACE DAY CHECKLIST & PROTOCOL:
- No warming up on bike time trial course. There is entirely too much traffic
and duathlon competitors on Hwy 71B to warm up. Violation will result in
disqualification and/or not being allowed to start.
- Cyclists are allowed to warm up north of the airport, but we strongly
encourage riders to bring trainers and warm-up next to the Staging Tent
- Warm-up is allowed north of airport on Hwy 71B, but is strongly discouraged.
We want to come back and the more interference our event causes the less
likely we'll be allowed to continue this event. PLEASE HELP US BY WARMING
UP IN THE ABOVE DESIGNATED AREAS OR ON TRAINERS.
- The staging area and start house for the Bike Time Trial will be just
north of the airport on Roadrunner Lane / Hwy 71B intersection.
- A "start house" with tent will be set-up on the west lane of
the south bound traffic of Hwy 71B. A USA Cycling bike official will hold
each rider for approximately 30-seconds before the rider is released.
- Be sure to check your front and back brake pads to prevent rubbing on
your wheel during the race.
- Check tires for any cuts or holes.
- Bike techs will be available to help you with any last-minute air pressure/technical
concerns. However, it is recommended that you bring your own bike pump on
race day morning.
- Reset your computer to zero miles.
- Bib Numbers on Right side and Frame Number visible. Each rider will have
both a uniform bib number (must be pinned on jersey per race day instructions
and a bike frame number)
- NO littering bike course. Penalty is disqualification ...period!
- The finish line will be on the east lane of the northbound traffic of
71B located just south of the Greenland traffic light.
- Once you finish, please remember there are other events taking place and
be respectful of the duathletes, runners and walkers.
- Times will be posted next to the duathlon finish line and food tent.
Enjoy your Iron Pig Festival bike time trial experience by having
a stress-free and safe race.